Oh boy am I glad to say that! This week feels like it was a blur to me! Crazy busy for some reason and just one of those weeks where you’ve got so much to do and not enough time! Which is why I’ll be talking about HIIT training today but you’ll have to keep reading for more on that 🙂
First, I’ve got more important things to discuss! Like the Sweaty Bands Giveaway Winners! Congrats to Alysia at Slim Sanity and Holly at Cute as a Bug’s Ear! Message me with your details and I’ll get your Sweaty Bands out to you!
Since I’m technically still in my blogiversary month, I have one more Awesome giveaway for you! This one is by far one of my favorites and I enjoy it almost every day. BUT…. you’ll have to keep reading to find out what it is 🙂
Saturday – I worked out but for the life of me can’t remember what I did! Ha! Mom brain!
Sunday – Rest
Monday – Boot Camp + Elliptical HIIT Workout
Tuesday – Boot Camp + Pyramid Treadmill HIIT Workout
Wednesday – AWESOME Spin Class + Piyo class
Thursday – This workout that kicked my booty!
Friday – I had planned to go to the gym to run and do a weighted ball workout but the hubby decided to go which meant I was stuck in the garage for a short circuit workout that I threw together as I went. It was good though so I’ll share it with you soon! I was really craving run though but maybe I’ll find some time later today. Yeah…. chances of that REALLY happening are pretty slim to none but I can hope right?
In the past, I had much more time and was under the impression (like many others) that the best way to burn calories was by spending hours sweating away on the cardio machines. Now that I have The Love Nugget, time is much more valuable to me and I have WAY less of it. Yes, even though I don’t have a full time job (other than being a mom), I don’t have all that much time. So I was pleased to learn that I can burn tons of calories in a much shorter amount of time by doing High Intensity Interval Training or HITT. This type of training consists of a short burst of high-intensity work followed by a lower-intensity active recovery period. The main aspect is to get your heart rate up for a short time and then lower it back down to where it’s steady again. Then repeat for several rounds for a total of about 20-30 minutes.
HIIT training has some awesome benefits,
- Improved cardiovascular system – Works your anaerobic and aerobic systems
- Lowers your body fat – Achieve fitness goals faster
- Shorter workouts – 15- 30 minutes, my style of workout!
- Preserves muscle and burns the most fat – Muscle sparring
- Increases growth hormone levels – Impacts production of HGH
- Improvement in performance – Improves strength, speed, stamina, and agility.
I’ve been loving incorporating more HIIT training into my workouts lately. You can find more helpful information here and here’s a few more awesome workouts in case you want to try it!
Okay, as promised, I’ve got one more awesome giveaway for you of a favorite product.
Yep, Fitmixer Amino Supplement! The hubby and I both love this stuff and I’m not just saying that because I’m a contributor for the company. We honestly enjoy this drink and definitely notice the benefits of it. If you’re not familiar with Amino supplements, you can learn more about it here but I’ll give you the basic rundown.
Basically it fuels your body with the essential nutrients it needs to give you energy, endurance, and helps your body recover after a workout. Fitmixer uses a unique Triflow system that increases nitric oxide in your body. Increased nitric oxide may help deliver more oxygen, reduce fatigue and improve muscle recovery.
We ran out for about a week and noticed the difference right away. Both the hubby and I felt sore and didn’t have that added energy boost we were getting by drinking Amino with our workouts. Like I said, we love it!
The wonderful, and when I say wonderful I mean WONDERFUL, folks at Fitmixer supplied not just one container of Amino, but two! That’s right one winner will receive a container of their Fruit Punch Amino and their Grape Amino. Just follow the steps below for a chance to win!
To Enter –
- Leave a comment telling me what supplements if any you take before, during or after exercise.
For an extra entry (and leave a separate comment) –
- Tweet the following, “I just entered to win an @Fitmixer Amino drinks from @Giselleschroer!”
- Like My Healthy Happy Home on Facebook. If you already do, leave a comment telling me so.
- Follow My Healthy Happy H0me through email or Bloglovin
Giveaway ends Sunday April 8th at 8:00pm PST.
Want more of My Healthy Happy Home?
Follow me on,
and on Bloglovin
I was planning to do a completely different type of post today but with my cold my head is in somewhat of a fog and my brain is rambling so a random post is what you get! Sorry in advance but if you stick with me till then end there might just be something worth it!
So, because I don’t want to bore you with anymore of my sickness talk, I’ll spare you the details but… I’m starting to feel a little better! After taking advice given by many of you lovely people, I rested the past two days with NO exercise! I drank tons of green juice, ate soup made with the pulp from the green juice, downed vitamins and tea all day long. I will be better by this weekend!
Okay, moving on… The Love Nugget has been all about “bars” lately. No, not beer drinking, shot taking, filler up bars but granola bars. A few weeks ago I reviewed 18 Rabbit’s Granola Bars and he sampled all the flavors of their Bunny Bars. Of course he loved them! However, I haven’t bought any new ones and have been meaning try and make him some at home. So the other day I threw some stuff together and pressed it into a baking sheet. I knew as I was doing it that the mixture wasn’t quite sticky enough and probably was going to end up more like granola. Sure enough, Granola was what we got. However, it was a very tasty granola that The Love Nugget and I both enjoyed! So, I thought I’d share the recipes with you all since it’s very good and kid friendly!
- 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3 cups Chopped Almonds
- 1/3 cup Chopped unsulfured Dried Apricots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3/ cup Chopped Almonds
- 2 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup 100% pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the last three. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil then add almond butter and maple syrup.
- Stir until creamy then pour into the oat mixture.
- Stir until a wet, sticky mixture forms then press into a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes or until lightly browned.
Sometimes kitchen fails turn out to be pretty good! This granola isn’t super sweet so it’s perfect to top my smoothies or for The Love Nugget’s yogurt bowl. Well, he’s now asking for it every time I open the pantry door. Loves it!
Now, you may remember for Christmas I received a few new to me products from my Mother in Law called H2O At Home. I was loving the few things that I got from her and was thrilled when the company contacted me and offered to send me some more samples to review.
H2O At Home is a company that began in France over 13 years ago. They specialize in creating products that are environmentally friendly and chemical-free. They have three wonderful product lines all of which I’ve had the chance to sample.
- Their Natural Home Care includes Chiffonnettes, natural cleansers and smart-cleaning tools. My favorite so far is the Chiffonnette which works wonders at dusting and wiping down surfaces without any chemical product added to it. I just get it slightly damp and wipe away! I also really enjoyed their natural laundry soap as I think that there are way too many harsh chemicals in our soaps today. It has a naturally pleasant scent and left my clothes smelling nice and fresh 🙂
- Their Personal Care is by far my favorite! I’ve never been really big at using soap on my face. I tend to use a wet washcloth and scrub away. So when I received their cleansing and exfoliating cloth to use on my face, I was beyond excited. Without using any soap I’m able to remove all my makeup and any unwanted dirt or oil buildup. It’s also a wonderful exfoliator! Their body wash has become my go-to daily shower soap. It doesn’t have a very strong scent but uses extra virgin olive oil and lavender oil which moisturizes the skin wonderfully.
- Their Home Fragrance was actually one of my Christmas gifts from my Mother in Law. It’s an electric warmer that melts scented pebbles for up to 3 hours without burning. I also received a few of the scented oil extracts that are made from 100% natural essential oils and floral extracts. They are used to recharge the pebbles once their scent has faded. Basically you are able to keep a nice, pleasant scent in your home for hours on end without burning a candle!
I’m loving all their products and feel so much better about the fact that we are exposing our bodies to less harsh chemicals by using their natural product line. H2O is a company that works privately through home parties and sales much like Stella and Dot or other home party companies. If you are interested in becoming involved with this company or learning where you can find an advisor in your area, check out their website here.
Okay, last thing for today but it’s a good one! A while back I did a reviewed a few of Bob’s Red Mill products and absolutely loved their Hulled Hemp Seeds!
Since it’s Bob’s Red Mill is such a wonderful company, in honor of my blogiversary they offered to send one lucky reader a bag of my favorite product, Hemp Seeds!
Here’s what you need to do,
Leave a comment telling me your favorite way to use hemp seeds OR if you’ve never tried them, how you’d like to use them.
Extra entry’s (leave a comment for each one),
Like My Healthy Happy Home on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about the giveaway, “I just entered to win a bag of @Bobsredmill Hulled Hemp Seeds from @GiselleSchroer”
Thanks for listening to my ramblings today and I’ll be back tomorrow with a normal Fitness Friday post! Oh and another awesome giveaway! You’ve still got time to enter for a chance to win some Lily’s Chocolate bars! A winner will be chosen tomorrow evening.
Want more of My Healthy Happy Home?
Follow me on,
and on Bloglovin
Disclaimer –H2O At Home provided me with free samples. All opinions are of my own and I received no other compensation for this post. Bob’s Red Mill provided me with samples to sponsor my giveaway. I received no other compensation from them either.
Hope everyone had a marvelous St. Patrick’s Day weekend!
We had a great one filled with visiting my Grandpa Saturday, dinner with friends Saturday evening, a great workout at the gym Sunday morning then an afternoon hanging out around the house.
I don’t usually like to tell people when it’s my birthday especially since the older I get, the less exciting birthday’s get. However, I have to admit that this birthday has been pretty great so far! Well, despite being sick 🙁 The hubby surprised me with a really awesome few days last weekend. Second, my goal of reaching 200 likes on Facebook was reached which I really didn’t think would happen. So needless to say that was a great birthday surprise! As promised, today I’ll be sharing something really AWESOME with you all. But first, let me thank Jenn for hosting another week of What I ate Wednesday!