Have you guys tried Gevalia coffee before?
I hadn’t until recently and let me tell you, I was missing out!
I had the opportunity to host a get together at my house sponsored by Gevalia the other day. I always jump at any opportunity to have some girl chat while watching the kids play 🙂
Which is exactly what we were all doing until this guy showed up,
Haha, J/K! The commercials pretty funny right!?!
A little about Gevalia before I get into the details of our morning.
- Gevalia began brewing coffee in Gavle, Sweden in 1853, where traditional cast-iron roasting developed its distinctively rich, smooth taste that’s never bitter.
- Gevalia is expertly made with carefully selected beans and ground extra-fine to produce a rich coffee experience.
- Gevalia now comes in single serve cups for your Keurig® K-Cup® Brewer, perfect for a quick Gevalia fix.*
Okay, details. It was such a gorgeous day that I set us up to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather.
I purchased a few different kinds of Gevalia coffee. Their Colombia blend and their Chocolate Mocha blend.
The Chocolate Mocha I brewed the day before and refrigerated it overnight so we could enjoy it iced. It was delicious! I put out a bunch of different sweeteners but I didn’t think it needed any at all.
I along with a few others also enjoyed a nice warm mug of the Colombia blend. I added a little homemade almond milk while a few others tried the coconut milk. The Colombia blend had a wonderful rich, caramel flavor but wasn’t too dark to enjoy on its own.
Along with the delicious coffee, I put out a few snacks for us to enjoy.
Fresh fruit, cereal and raisins for the kiddos, coffee cake muffins and these delicious deviled eggs,
- 6-7 hard boiled organic eggs
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I used the bagged ones but if using oil packed skip adding the olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chilled, hard boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yolks.
- Place the yolks, mustard, vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil into a food processor and pulse until chopped and somewhat combined.
- Scrape down the sides and begin blending again.
- Add the olive oil then salt and pepper as needed.
- Continue processing until blended smooth and creamy. You may need to add more oil depending on the size of your yolks.
- Scoop into the egg whites and enjoy!
They are so good and since they are mayo free, are also Paleo friendly 🙂
We mostly enjoyed the coffee though and just the chance to relax, chat and watch our kiddos play. We will definitely be doing another play date soon and of course will be serving Gevalia coffee!
- Have you tried Gevalia?
- Do you like deviled eggs? If so, have you had them without mayo?
- What’s your favorite blend of coffee? I like the dark, caramel flavors!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
*Kraft Foods is not affiliated with Keurig, Inc. KEURIG and K-CUP are registered trademarks of Keurig, Inc