Yesterday was a very stormy day around here. Stormy days make it very hard to get out of the house and to the gym but we did it! When we got home, the Love Nugget had a snack, then went down for a LONG nap. Which I was very thankful for since I had a ton of things I wanted to do. Our office and guest bedroom are in shambles and I’ve been meaning to get in there to organize and clean. Today was that day and I managed to get a lot done but not quite finished. I had been wanting to make the Love Nugget a felt tree to hang next to our tree so that maybe he won’t play with the real one… So a little later in the afternoon we headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies.
Since it’s Thursday I’m linking up with Jessie at Jessie Loves to Run for Thankful Thursday!
This week I’ll be sharing some of my more random things I’m thankful for 🙂
1. I’m thankful that my new car has heated steering and heated seats. This past week while we were traveling up north, it got really cold. Hopping into a nice toasty car with a warm steering wheel and warm seats made it a little more bearable!
2. I’m thankful for DVR. I’m sure I’m not alone on this one. We have become complete DVR junkies. I can’t remember the last time I’ve watched a program where I wasn’t fast forwarding through the commercials! During the day, I don’t have the T.V. on anymore at all since we try to limit the Love Nugget watching any television. The hubby and I have just a few shows we like to watch together and usually do that a day or two after they air. It just makes it so much better!
3. I’m thankful that my mom taught me how to cook and bake. I know several people who are good at one or the other, or often, neither! My mom taught me at an early age how to cook meals, bake cookies, cakes, pies, can salsa, you name it I’ve probably watched it or done it! I love that I’m able to make the majority of the meals and snacks for my family. It makes me feel good to know that they are getting real, healthy foods prepared with love 🙂
*Side note – I am fully aware that many moms work and just do not have the time to prepare all of their families meals. If I were not a stay at home mom, I’m not sure I would be able to do as much as I do.
4. I’m thankful that the gym is so close to our house. There have been many days when I don’t want to get out of bed to go to the gym. Especially when it’s 5:00 am and raining outside. The fact that the gym is literally 2 minutes away makes it SO much easier to drag my butt there! Hopefully our next house will be close to another gym!
5. I’m thankful that it’s FINALLY December! I love Christmas and am extra excited this year since the Love Nugget is at a fun age. Last year he was going through a funky, extremely serious stage so Christmas wasn’t all that exciting for him. This year he is already getting excited over Santa, reindeer, and all the toys he keeps seeing me search for online. Haha!
That’s it for today! Sorry for the boring, no photo, post. We’ve got a busy day ahead of us with some early Christmas shopping then I have a hair apt. and hopefully come home to decorate our house for Christmas finally!
Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
- What random things are you thankful for?
- Have you checked out Jessie’s blog? If not, make sure to do so! She’s great!