Hope you all had a fun weekend. Ours was rather boring so rather than give you the same play-by-play of this and that, I thought I’d switch things up a bit for today. I’ve seen bloggers doing this “Virtual Coffee Date” a lot lately so thought I’d finally join in with one. For one because I’ve been LOVING coffee lately. Deaf of course. For two it’s a fun way to catch up and chat about random stuff. Which is what we’d be doing if we were having coffee 🙂
So grab a cup of coffee or tea, find a comfy spot and let’s chat!
- If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that we’re all very excited to go to Disneyland this week. One little guy in particular. I’d tell you how we invited both our moms to join us, drive in the same car with us then stay in the same hotel room with us. You’d probably tell me that I’m nuts! You might be right 😉 No but really, we’re excited to have them join us and know that it will be a good time. I’d also tell you that we purposely booked a room at Disney Grand California so that when I’m feeling tired or overwhelmed I can go back and take a break by myself 🙂
Fun in Disneyland a few years ago 🙂
- I’d also tell you that I’m bummed I can’t go on most of the rides with my family at Disneyland. First the pregnancy obviously hinders things but second my placenta previa makes me have to be even more cautious. So I’ll have to wait until next time to get an epic Splash mt. picture with everyone 🙁
- If we were having coffee, you’d probably ask how I’m feeling because everyone that knows I’m pregnant seems to ask that these days. Standard pregnancy question right? I’d tell you that I’m feeling good, large, but good. You’d probably tell me that I don’t look big at all which is again what I hear all the time. Truth is, I feel huge! Even though I’m tall and my belly isn’t popping out like someone who is much shorter than me, I still feel very large all around so while I’d appreciate your comment it wouldn’t change the fact that I just feel large. Pregnancy perks!
- If we were having coffee I’d tell you that this pregnancy is so much more different from my first pregnancy. I’d tell you that I think it’s because I’m a good 5 years older now which I think plays a roll in the differences. Like how my feet are aching after being on them for most the morning compared to when I was pregnant before and teaching all day long I never really had an issue with aching feet. Old age I tell ya!
- If we were having coffee I’d tell you that while I’m a little nervous about my placenta previa, I’m pretty much 99% sure it will correct itself and I won’t have any issues. I’d assure you that I’m taking it easy with my workouts and tell you not to worry because I’m sure you’d have that concerned look on your face 🙂 I’d also tell you that I’m just thinking positive thoughts about it and ignoring any of the negative things that I hear or that pop into my head. Sometimes just thinking positive is the best way to handle things 🙂
- If we were having coffee you’d probably ask if we had any names picked out because again, standard pregnancy question. I’d tell you that we hadn’t really thought much about it which is partially true. We do have a short list of a few names we’ve jotted down but we honestly haven’t thought too much about it. It’s funny how the second time around things just aren’t as exciting as the first!
- If we were having coffee, I’d tell you about my mixed emotions about The Love Nugget starting Kindergarten this year! It’s been a topic of discussion lately since enrolments are starting all over the area so it would most likely come up. I’d tell you that while I’m excited for him to start especially since that will give me some bonding time with the baby, I’d also tell you that I’m sad. He is my baby and I don’t want him to grow up!
- If we were having coffee you’d probably ask if we had anything picked out for the nursery and I’d tell you not really. I’d tell you that even though we already have a crib, I decided to get a new one with a matching dresser/changing table, to paint for the nursery. I’d also tell you how I’ve probably taken on a bigger task than I thought it would be but am excited to see how it will turn out.
First day of Preschool!
- If we were having coffee I’d tell you about how much I’m enjoying coaching my accountability groups to success. I’d tell you the great results some of my clients have had and how much I love seeing their overall health improve!
- If we were having coffee I’d tell you that I can’t wait for spring! No we’re not buried in snow but we are literally living in a mud pit with all the rain we’re having. Which makes for two very dirty dogs and a very dirty house all the time. I’d tell you that we have a landscaper all lined up to come and finish our yards but that they can’t start until the ground is dry enough 🙁 Spring can’t come soon enough!
- Finally, if we were having coffee I’d of course ask how you were doing and what was going on in your life. So please tell me, what’s going on in your life?