Woop woop! We are looking at SEVERAL days of rain ahead of us which I’m not looking forward to. Don’t get me wrong, we need the rain but I also need my sanity which I start to lose after being cooped up inside for days on end with a four year old… Luckily we’ve got placed to go indoors where he can run around and play. I’m already scheduling play dates to do so for next week to keep us both entertained! Plus we spent the entire afternoon outside playing yesterday to stock up on the fresh, dry air 🙂
Anyway, its Wednesday! Which means we’re half way through the week and at a day where most of us bloggers share some of what we’ve been eating. I don’t always remember to snap pictures of my food so my WIAW consistency isn’t all that great but I try to do them from time to time. Just so happens, I’m not only here with a WIAW but a recipe too! WHAT!?! I’ve been slacking on the recipe front mainly since during the first trimester I ate nothing but eggs, hot sauce, pizza and cookies. None of which I was very creative with. However, I’m back in the game and feeling much more ambitious about cooking these days so figured I’d share a yummy recipe I created recently.
Which is what we’re starting with. Breakfast!
Last weekend I posted a picture of my weekend breakfast in my 21 Day Fix Accountability group,
Everyone immediately asked for the recipe so I figured I’d share it with you all too 🙂
- 1/2 pound uncured turkey bacon (I used regular but Turkey Bacon is 21 Day Fix approved)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 small sweet potato
- 7-8 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil then place bacon on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice sweet potatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil or coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium/low heat.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and cook stirring frequently for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Once the bacon is done remove from the baking sheet and lay onto a paper towel to drain.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Chop the bacon and add it to the sweet potato mixture.
- Add in the spinach and stir until slightly wilted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour into the skillet and gently fold in the eggs.
- Put skillet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Top with cheese and leave in the oven for just a few more minutes until melted.
- Remove from the oven, slice, and enjoy!
The boys loved it and there was about half left over for breakfasts this week. The Love Nugget asked for it three days in a row! Guess it was a hit 🙂
Snack time came around 10 and in the form of my protein prenatal vitamin shake. Mostly water, a little orange juice and a scoop of protein powder.
Lunch happens right around noon when we get home. This particular day was leftovers from dinner the night before.
I’ve noticed the past few days I’ve been extra hungry. I’ve been upping my workouts a little since I’ve been feeling so great which is probably contributing the increased hunger. That and they say the baby doubles in size between weeks 16 – 20! Growing boy! It’s funny because The Love Nugget is also going through a growth spurt and eating tons too so it works out for us both 🙂
Anyway, hunger struck again not long after lunch and I shared a snack of apple with yogurt, almond butter dip with The Love Nugget.
I’ve been LOVING this snack lately. So good!
After a bike ride to the park and about an hour there, we rode home and I munched on some carrots and nuts before heading back outside to play.
We were outside until 5:00 then came in to make dinner. While I cooked I snacked on a few almond crackers and cheese. Then filled up on a yummy dinner!
Turkey spaghetti and salad. Yum!
I was pretty full after dinner but an hour later was hungry again… The Hubby was too so I whipped up a quick recipe from the Fixate Cookbook with the addition of bananas.
It was pretty good!
- If you’ve been pregnant, did you go through phases where you were hungrier than other times?
- What’s your favorite egg breakfast dish?