Good morning friends!
How’s everyone’s week going? Mine started out great but unfortunately I came down with a bit of a cold 🙁 Grrrr… I think I’m more frustrated than anything as I just don’t have time to be sick. Luckily I loaded up on vitamins, elderberry syrup, bone broth and gelatin so am feeling much better today. Good thing because we have fun plans for the weekend that I just can’t be sick for!
Speaking of our weekend, I’ve got a ton of things to do to get ready for our adventure so I’m just popping in real quick today to share a quick and easy dinner with you all.
With school back in session and life getting a bit busier, quick and easy dinners are a favorite around here. As I’m sure they are in many other households 🙂 You all know I’m a fan of healthy meals but sometimes healthy can mean multiple ingredients, steps, and time. However there are TONS of recipes that are very healthy and can be made in a very short amount of time. One we’ve enjoy is this quick and easy Bruschetta Chicken recipe that is simple to whip up on a busy evening.
The bruschetta is made with fresh, in season ingredients and the chicken is simple to cook on the grill or indoors on a grill pan. Which is the method I used the last time we ate it. AND it was enjoyed by all!
- 3-4 organic chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. dried basil,
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (I LOVE cherubs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- For the Chicken
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Season with dried basil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- If using a grill pan, lightly oil the pan with olive or avocado oil.
- Cook chicken about 5-7 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the middle.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the bruschetta ingredients.
- Mix well then store in the fridge until ready for use.
- Top chicken with bruschetta and enjoy!
We enjoyed it with a side of grilled veggies that were diced, tossed with avocado oil, sea salt, pepper and Trader Joe’s 21 salute seasoning then cooked on the grill pan until tender.
The perfect accompaniment for this meal in my opinion, but I love me some veggies!
- What’s a quick and easy weeknight meal you enjoy?
- Do you prefer to grill indoors or outdoors?
- Grilled veggies or roasted veggies?