There’s nothing better than a warm cup of coffee in the morning to start the day. I just love it! The smell, the warmth, the comfort, the taste. I’ve just always enjoyed it. While I’ve never been addicted to caffeine or anything I definitely would look forward to at least one cup of coffee each day. Not only for the boost of energy, but just the sheer comfort of sipping a warm, soothing beverage in the early hours of the day.
However a few months ago I decided to cut out caffeine and have been feeling awesome! I actually think I have more energy on a daily basis now than I did when I was drinking coffee.
There are a few reasons I decided to cut back on my caffeine intake but the main reason was for fertility.
First, there are some studies that show caffeine could lower your chances of conception.
Second, caffeine consumption while pregnant can increase your risk of miscarriage. We all know I need to reduce that chance as much as possible!
Third, while undergoing infertility treatments it’s recommended to cut back significantly or avoid caffeine altogether.
With all the time, money and effort we were putting into our treatments I was going to do everything I could to increase my chances of conceiving and carrying a healthy baby. So I just quit drinking coffee altogether. At first I replaced it with warm lemon water each morning but desperately missed my cup o joe. Then I discovered a coffee replacement that tastes like the real thing but without the caffeine.
Oh my goodness this stuff is so good! Teeccino is a blend of herbs, grains, fruits and nuts that are roasted and ground to brew and taste just like coffee.
Not only does Teeccino taste great but it has awesome health benefits as well.
- It is non-acidic and contains the prebiotic, inulin. Inulin is a soluble fiber from chicory root that supports a healthy population of beneficial digestive flora, so necessary for good digestive health.
- Teeccino is great for the heart as it provides two heart-healthy nutrients. Potassium which helps prevent strokes and high blood pressure. Then soluble fiber which lowers your total cholesterol.
- It contains powerful antioxidants including important flavonoids and proanthocyanidins.
Teeccino also provides a natural way to increase your energy via nutrients, rather than stimulants like coffee. Instead of stimulating a stress response, Teeccino gives your body the nourishment it needs to be energized in a healthy, balanced way.
So what is Teeccino made with? There are a few different blends of Teeccino but the main ingredients are carob, barely, chicory root, dates, figs, ramon seeds, almonds and dandelion root. Even though it contains barely it has been tested by the best gluten testing factory in the US and found to be gluten-free 🙂
There are several wonderful blends and flavors of Teeccino. French Roast, Vanilla Nut, Pumpkin Spice and my favorite lately, Chocolate Mint.
I love anything with chocolate and peppermint so this has been my typical go to beverage in the mornings. Since it was super hot last week though, I decided to switch things up a bit and try it out as a nice cold refreshing beverage in this tasty recipe.
- 1 cup cold brewed Chocolate Mint Teeccino
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Perfect for a hot day 🙂
Definitely check out Teeccino if you’re looking to reduce your caffeine intake or interested in a delicious, healthy beverage!
- Do you drink coffee? If so, could you go without it?
- Have you heard of Teeccino?
Disclaimer – Teeccino provided me with samples of their herbal coffee in exchange for this review. I was not otherwise compensated and all opinions are my own.