“This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds”
Who’s still melting in hot weather?!? I am! This week we’re back up in the 100’s. Which I know is mild compared to those in places like Death Valley where it reached 120! Do people actually live there? Crazy!
The Love Nugget still insists on playing outside. While I try to keep him indoors when it’s over 100 degrees it’s hard to argue when he’s happily playing in his sandbox while I try to get something done. He’s in the shade so i usually allow him to play for a little while but then bring him inside to cool him down. Which we do by enjoying lots of popsicles, frozen grapes, smoothies and smoothie bowls.
The Love Nugget takes after me and enjoys his smoothies super thick. Thick enough to top with granola and eat with a spoon. Almost frozen yogurt style 🙂
AND since it’s been so hot we’ve been enjoying a certain flavored smoothie bowl that reminds me of being on a beach, sipping on a cold, tropical beverage.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse pressing down every so often.
- Or if you have a Vitamix, use the frozen dessert setting.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with granola, shredded coconut or on it's own!
Okay so it’s not really the same as being on a beach with an icy beverage in hand but it’s cold, healthy and delicious! Three things that have been making the hot summer days we’ve been experiencing a little more bearable.
- How do you stay cool in high temperatures.
- What’s your favorite smoothie combination?
- If you were on a beach, what type of beverage would you have in your hand?
Disclaimer – As a Blue Diamond Taste maker I was provided a carton of Blue Diamond Almond Coconut milk as well as compensation for this post. All thoughts, recipes and opinions are my own.