How’s everyone’s week going? I feel like while I’ve been checking in almost daily I haven’t really given you much of a life update lately. Since it’s Thursday I thought I’d pop in and share some random thoughts and life updates lately 🙂
1. Coming home from vacation on Tuesday evening makes for a short week but also a little crazy! The Love Nugget starts back to school Monday so I’ve been getting a few things ready for that. We also had his back to school night last night which was fun! Although a bit bittersweet as it brought back memories from when I was teaching and the anticipation of the first day. I always get a little sad around this time of year but happy I’m able to see my little guy off to school everyday 🙂
Last years first day of school picture 🙂 My little Nugget!
2. On our way home from Monterey we stopped and bought a new couch. Random I know but we’ve been searching for a sectional for a few months and happened to find one at Ashley’s an hour south of us. Luckily they deliver so we won’t have to drive back down to get it. Now to re-sell our couch set…
3. I’ve been working on a fun summertime playlist on Spotify for a few weeks now and finally have a good mix I’m loving. Funny though since summer is just about over!
4. Is anyone else watching Bachelor in Paradise? Umm it’s pretty ridiculous but one of those shows I can put on in the middle of the day when I have an hour to sit and can watch it while I work. I will admit though that the whole Tenley show situation is a little much. I actually like Tenley and had the chance to meet her a few years ago at Fitbloggin. She’s just as nice as she seems on the show but for some reason it drives me insane! I think she took her experience as a Disney Princess to a whole new level 🙂
5. Yesterday’s workout that I taught at Afterburn was pretty awesome. My 6:00am class looked like they wanted to kill me for working them like I did that early in the morning. Hee hee 🙂
It started with a 20 minute 3-2-1 treadmill workout.
3-5 speed up but not all out
5-6 all out
6-9 jog incline 4
9-11 speed up incline 4
11-12 all out incline 4
12-15 jog flat road
15-17 speed up
17-19 all out
Then we went through the following total body workout
It left everyone on the floor and was awesome!
6. Last month when I was at Blogfest I was thrilled to see siggi’s there. Siggi’s has been a favorite in our household for a few years now and is actually the only type of yogurt we buy. I love that they are made using milk from grass-fed cows and from farms that do not use any growth hormones.
I also love that they are loaded with protein and are super thick. While they do have some added sweeteners the amount of sugar they contain compared to other brands is miniscule. I tend to buy the plain and add in my own nut butter or fresh fruit to spice it up a bit 🙂
If you’re a siggi’s fan or are dying to try it, you’re in luck! I’m giving away a month supply to siggi’s at the end of this post. So keep on reading!
7. Did you know that Sacramento is America’s Farm to Fork Festival? I think that’s pretty cool and feel so lucky to live in an area with an abundance of fresh, local foods. September is a month filled with Farm-to-Fork fun and I can’t wait to join in on some of those celebrations. Like the Farm-to-Fork festival on September 26th,
8. I know I’ve left you guys hanging on my two-week wait update but I promise it’s coming soon!
That’s it for today folks! Make sure to enter the giveaway below and have an awesome day!!!!