Sorry for my absence yesterday. Like I said this week is tough with a lot to do and of course as my luck would have it, The Love Nugget came down with his first case of pink eye. Bound to happen right??? Anyway, the past few days I’ve had him with me 24/7 and he’s been pretty quaranteend. With the exception of running errands and a stop at The Green Boheme for lunch.
The Love Nugget had their “Mac and Cheese” which was made of zoodles with a cashew turmeric “cheese.” It was good and he ate a good amount but he also LOVED my pesto pizza that was a combo of really yummy vegan sauces on raw cracker “crust.” So good! Seriously, if you live in Roseville/Rocklin/Lincoln/Sacramento I highly recommend you try! They serve vegan and raw food meals as well as juices from my favorite local juice maker, Liquidology. Even if you’re not vegan or on a raw food diet, I highly suggest trying them for yummy eats!
Today I thought I’d share another yummy eat we’ve been enjoying lately especially post workout.
I’m really trying to make sure I’m getting in some more carboyhdrates mainly on days I workout. So including foods like sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, sometimes rice and a personal favorite, plantains!
They are especially a favorite when in the form of a cookie 🙂
- 1 large ripe plantain
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy life)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash plantain then mix in cashew butter and coconut sugar.
- Add coconut flour and coconut, mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips then drop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool then enjoy!
Not only are these delicious but they are so easy to make! Plus you can freeze them then pull them out for quick, post workout (or anytime) treats!
- Do you like plantains?
- Favorite natural starch/carbohydrate food?