Hope you all had a wonderful Monday. I spent the day cleaning and unpacking which wasn’t really ideal but had to be done. This week is one of those that are going to be pretty crazy so I may be absent a day or two.
Gotta do what you gotta do 🙂 Today though I thought I’d share a yummy recipe we had a few weeks back. One that includes an ingredient I don’t use as often as I should. Pumpkin! For some reason it’s just one of those ingredients I tend to only eat in the cooler months. When October rolls around I jump on the bandwagon with everyone else rushing to the store to get all the pumpkin!
Okay maybe not all the pumpkin, but I do enjoy me some pumpkin! I’ve had some pumpkin puree in my freezer since this past fall I’ve been meaning to create something with.
So when it came time to meal planning and prepping I pulled out that pumpkin and got to experimenting in the kitchen. I wanted to create something that could be used as a post workout protein/carb snack as well as a hearty breakfast.
It just so happened we recently picked up grass-fed beef and pasture raised pork package from Alpine Ranch so had some of their amazing pork sausage to use.
Which was perfect for this recipe!
- 1 lb. ground Italian or breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut milk (whole fat from a can I like this brand [Natural Value Organic Coconut Milk, 13.5 Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)]
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 Pumpkin Sausage Patty (recipe below)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 - 2 large tomato slices
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin "cream" sauce (recipe below)
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together well.
- Melt 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Form into patty's then cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan warm coconut milk and pumpkin puree.
- Season to desired liking and then remove from heat.
- Place tomato slices on plate.
- Heat pumpkin Sausage patty in a medium skillet then remove from pan and set on top of tomato slices.
- Melt coconut oil in pan then cook the egg to desired doneness.
- Place egg on top of sausage patty.
- Drizzle warm pumpkin cream sauce over the eggs and sausage.
It seems like a lot of steps to create this masterpiece but I promise it’s much easier than it looks. Plus you can make the sausage patties and sauce in advance for quick weekday meals!
*** If you’re in the Sacramento area and interested in ordering grass-fed beef or pasture raised pork definitely check out Alpine Ranch! They are amazing and they will be delivering to our area in a few weeks. Plus they are offering a special combination box of 40lbs beef/pork for $290. That’s the same package we got last month and have been loving it! Oh and mention I sent you for a discount on your order 🙂