Most mornings we have time to make and eat breakfast before running out the door. I actually enjoy a hot cooked breakfast every day and don’t mind making something for the whole family. Most days… Some days I’m lazy, we’re running late, or I’m off teaching and The Hubby is home getting The Love Nugget ready.
For those mornings it’s nice to have a quick, healthy, protein packed breakfast that will keep us full until we have time to eat a regular meal.
I’ll admit that while it’s nice to have simple meals on hand for busy mornings. They can sometimes be a pain to prep. Which is why I LOVE these Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins that are made with About Time Protein Pancake Mix.
I only added a few more ingredients, mixed them all up, scooped into muffin tins and baked! Simple and they freeze well for future needs. Perfect!
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Combine bananas, applesauce and egg.
- Add in pancake mix.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- What are some foods you keep on hand for quick breakfasts.
- What’s your favorite type of muffins?
<a href=”//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/” data-pin-do=”buttonBookmark” data-pin-color=”red” data-pin-height=”28″><img src=”//assets.pinterest.com/images/pidgets/pinit_fg_en_rect_red_28.png” /></a>
<!– Please call pinit.js only once per page –>