The Love Nugget and The Hubby have been lacking in the vegetable department lately. I try but they can be pretty picky when it comes to veggies.
When I notice they are missing the essential nutrients from vegetables I have to get a little tricky with our cooking. Which isn’t too hard because there are so many great ways to sneak in veggies.
Carrots, About Time Cinnamon Spice Protein Pancake Mix and raisins. Yum!
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil + 1 tsp.
- 2 cups About Time Cinnamon Spice Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease muffin tins with 1 tsp. coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup, and 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, sift together pancake mix, raisins, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
Whether your trying to hide veggies from picky eaters or just looking for a yummy, protein rich recipe, these are perfect!
If you’re interested in trying out About Time’s Protein Pancake Mix or any of their other awesome products make sure to use my code, HHH for 20% off!