Who doesn’t love cookies? Especially for breakfast. I mean, what a treat!
I have to be honest though, cookies for breakfast aren’t a frequent occurrence around these parts. However, like muffins, they happen from time to time and work great for quick, on the go meals. Which lately we’ve needed as life has been just a tad bit busy.
About Time (one of our favorite protein supplement companies) recently came out with a new, protein pancake mix!
One that has 21 grams of protein, is gluten-free and preservative free. Sure I could just make pancakes but these cookies come in handy when The Love Nugget needs a quick breakfast or The Hubby needs a protein packed snack.
Being that half the ingredients are already in the pancake mix, you don’t have to add too much to them.
So they are great to make when you’re craving something sweet for breakfast and freeze well so you can eat just a few then save the rest for easy and quick on the go meals 🙂
- 1 cup About Time Cinnamon Spice Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. tahini (or other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a stand mixer or large bowl and mix well.
- Scoop by the spoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Smooth out into a flat disk then bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until ready to enjoy!