I’ll be honest. I’m not a huge hot dog fan. I think I get weirded out by the mish mash of ingredients. I hadn’t purchased them in years until now that The Love Nugget’s a fan. Plus they are just easy when you have kids, are busy and need a quick lunch.
I try to keep it clean by purchasing Applegate Farms Organic Uncured Hot Dogs. The other day I was browsing Whole Foods and stumbled across Applegate Farms Organic Little Smoky dogs! Every thing tastes better as a mini right!?! My mind got to thinking about how The Love Nugget and Hubby love corn dogs but we never have them because well… corn. So I picked up a package and came home to get creating in the kitchen.
A Paleo friendly corn dog that is sure to be a hit not only with kids but adults too!
Which I discovered myself as I was snapping pictures and sampling as I went…
One bite turned into two. Then three. Then before I knew it…
Ooops! Or not oops since these are clean, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free and delicious!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add coconut oil and egg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Press a golf ball size of dough into the palm of your hand then mold around a mini dog.
- Place onto baking sheet then repeat until complete.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or in the freezer.
My real taste tester thought so as well.
P.S. Make sure to enter my Dragonfly Traditions giveaway for a chance to win a natural face moisturizer!