When I was little, I wanted to give gifts to family members at Christmas time. We didn’t have a ton of money growing up so instead fo my parents handing me money to buy gifts my mom taught me the joy of gifting baked goods!
We would spend days before Christmas baking then package them all into boxes, tins or on plates and gift them. Since then I can’t remember a year that I haven’t been in the kitchen the days leading up to Christmas pouring, mixing, measuring and baking! I love it!
Since I’ve changed my eating habits over the past few years, my baking has changed as well. I still enjoy sharing yummy goodies with others I just try to keep them Paleo friendly so I can taste them too 🙂 Plus, it’s a bit healthier to share grain-free, sugar-free and often times dairy-free treats!
In case you’re looking for some healthier treat options for others or just for yourself, I’ve put together a list of recipes I’m planning to make.
Peppermint Chocolate Macaroons by Against All Grain
Easy Raw Fudge from Detoxinista
Walnut Cashew Butter Balls from The Fit Foodie Mama
Peanut Blossoms from Taylor Made it Paleo
The Easiest 3 Ingredient Fudge Bites by Veggie and the Beast
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bites from yours truly 🙂
Almond Butter Bars from Paleo Girls Kitchen
Paleo Brownie Bites by My Healthy Happy Home
and of course, my go to lately…
Dark Chocolate Sunbutter Cups with Sea Salt!
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Sun Butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt to sprinkle
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil. Stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Place a small spoonful into a silicone mold and stick in the fridge to set up a little.
- In the meantime, add the sunbutter, coconut butter and remaining tsp. coconut oil to a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt ingredients stirring until well combined.
- Remove chocolate from fridge and scoop a tsp. full of sunbutter mixture into the mold.
- Top with more melted chocolate and place back into the fridge.
- Allow to cool and firm for at least an hour then enjoy!
Okay so maybe I won’t be making ALL of them but I’ll definitely be spending a good amount of time in the kitchen the next few days. If only the Elf on the Shelf could magically clean up the mess afterwards…
The winner of the COVERGIRL/Rent the Runway giveaway has been announced! Was it you?
- Do you like to bake for the holidays?
- Do you like to receive treats as gifts?
- Favorite Holiday cookie or treat?