Now that I teach a few mornings a week at The Studio and The Love Nugget has pre-school two days a week. We are literally running out the door 4 days a week. As is the Hubby at 5:00 am to get to his Crossfit class.
So having something quick and easy prepared that everyone enjoys is essential.
I like egg fritatta muffin cups but The Hubby isn’t as much of a fan.
The Love Nugget and The Hubby LOVE pancakes but I don’t love to make them. Nor do I enjoy eating them that often.
So I came up with something the other day that everyone seems to LOVE, is easy to make and quick to re-heat.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 lb cooked breakfast sausage (I used a sugar free one from Whole Foods)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat muffin cups with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked sausage, mashed sweet potato, coconut milk, eggs and seasonings.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin cups and bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating. Store in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy through the week! If they last that long 🙂
I even like them cold in the car post workout. A great source of carbs and protein to refuel after exercise. Not to mention, delicious!
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- Pancake fan yes or no?