It’s Wednesday and I’m still joining Jenn for What I Ate Wednesday but today focusing on my LOVE for Apple Season.
If we had an apple orchard I would probably live happily for the rest of my life. Well that or a vineyard 🙂
I pretty much eat an apple everyday and ones that are freshly picked from the tree are so much better than those purchased in the store.
Luckily we live in an area where there are apple orchards within driving distance AND we make sure to visit at least once a year!
We recently took our annual trip up to Apple Hill to stock up on some forbidden fruit.
We came home with more than we could eat by ourselves meant I had to do something with all those delicious apples!
So I whipped up a super easy crockpot applesauce to have on hand. When I say easy I mean, toss into the crockpot and walk away easy. Not to mention, delicious!
- 10 - 12 apples, cored and peeled (I used a semi tart variety but a golden delicious or fuji would work great too!)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Chop peeled apples into chunks then toss into a crockpot.
- Stir in Cinnamon then toss in cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- If you want it chunky, just stir well with a wooden spoon until desired texture is reached.
- If you want it smooth, use an immersion blender to finely chop up the chunks or blend it in a blender until smooth.
See what I mean, simple! This made about three jars of applesauce but… they were all gone within a few weeks! I’m telling you, it’s amazing!
- What’s your favorite fruit?
- Have you ever made applesauce?