My crazy, busy life lately has caught up with me. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat 🙁
Ugh, of course this would happen when we have a fun weekend planned. I should have seen it coming with my fast paced life lately but I’ve been feeling so good, have had so much more energy and have been having fun that it’s hard not to keep going.
I’ve been drinking some homemade bone broth, lemon/honey water, loading up on vitamin C and elderberry. So fun!
Anyway, rather than dwell on the negative, I’m going to switch gears and talk about some positive because after all, it’s Friday!
Five Fabulous things for Friday
1. I mentioned this earlier this week but I’m hosting another AMRAP Bar giveaway!
You all know I’ve been loving these bars for quite sometime now but their newest, revamped bars are pretty amazing. Especially that Cashew Vanilla is by far my favorite.
Anyway, the folks at AMRAP have offered up three more awesome prizes! That’s right! Three lucky winners will each receive a box of delicious AMRAP bars. All you have to do is follow the directions in the rafflecopter at the bottom of this post!
2. I finished my first Cardio Kickboxing instruction class the other night and it went well! We had to come up with a routine for a whole song and it was much harder than I thought it would be. First because I’ve only taken a few of the ACKC kickboxing classes in the past few weeks and second because counting, teaching and moving all at once is quite hard. Luckily I didn’t lose count, forget the moves or make any mistakes. Now onto the next assignment which is coming up with a routine using a bag. Much harder!
3. You all know I’ve been training for the Nike Women’s Half Marathon which has included some early morning runs. I’ve never been able to eat much that early in the morning but definitely need a little something before i head out to cover some mileage. So the other day when I was at Whole Foods I purchased a few essentials from the bulk bins to create an energizing pre-workout snack.
Sort of a random mix but definitely delicious!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pulse brazil nuts and chia seeds in a food processor until brazil nuts are finely chopped.
- Add in remaining ingredients and pulse until thick and creamy.
- Spoon into a mold or ice cube tray.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Pop out of mold and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer for a quick, energizing pre-workout snack!
4. It’s Farm-to-Fork week!
Sacramento is america’s Farm-to-Fork Capital and this is the second year that the city is putting on some fun events centered around bringing farm fresh foods to our tables. The celebration includes a wine tasting, a gala, a festival and restaurant week. All week several local restaurants will feature special menus dedicated to fresh, local foods. Last year we had a blast at the Farm-to-Fork festival and are hoping to be able to make it again this year. If you’re in the area, it’s held on September 27th on Capital Mall.
5. Apparently this is quite an internet hit and apparently I can see why 🙂
I’m off to load up on my Elderberry and honey lemon water in hopes of kicking this sore throat! Hopefully it’s gone by tomorrow…
P.S. Excited for Fall? Make sure to check out my post over at SweatGuru for 10 ways to welcome my favorite season!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend?
- When was the last time you had a cold?
- Any sure fire natural cold remedies?
Disclaimer – Whole Foods provided me with compensation to use towards products in this post. As always all opinions are my own.