I’m back with more Figs! I promise after this recipe I’ll give you all a break 🙂 BUT I just had to share these muffins to go with the Fig Jam I shared.
I don’t make muffins all that often because even though everyone says they love them, they get forgotten to get eaten. So I end up eating more than I really want to. I know, I know, I could freeze them but I always forget to do it 🙂
Plus, since I try to live a mostly Paleo lifestyle baked good/treats aren’t really something I like to keep in the house. However, a paleofied treat is okay to have from time to time. Which is how these came about.
When you have fruit that’s going bad what else do you do but make muffins!?!
Pretty, heart shaped Vanilla Fig Muffins!
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla or optional 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup melted palm shortening
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup chopped figs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a small bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, melted palm shortening, maple syrup and coconut sugar.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet and mix well.
- Gently fold in the figs.
- Scoop into muffin tins filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Top with a sliced fig then bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Smother with Fig and Chia Seed Jam then enjoy!
- Do you like to freeze muffins?
- Do you keep baked goods in your house or limit them?
- Have you made a chia seed jam yet?