I’ve alway been a fan of LARABARs but the price can often get a little hefty. The other day I found them on sale at Safeway and was leased to see a flavor I hadn’t tried. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!!! Where has this been hiding for all these years? I thought I had tried them all but guess not. I picked one up thinking The Love Nugget and I could share it at the park. However, when I opened it up and took that first bite, i decided to keep it all to myself. Which is quite the task with a three year old.
I immediately flipped it over to read the ingredients and was thrilled to see there were just a few and that I had them all at home. So naturally the next day I had to whip up my own version 🙂
Which happens to be Paleo so if you’re following along these will work for a snack.
In moderation of course as we’re trying to cut back on our sugar intake even in it’s natural form 🙂
- 1 cup raw cashews (to save money purchase the bits and pieces in bulk or from Trader Joes)
- 5 large Medjool dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Process cashews, dates, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt in a food processor until a fine crumbly mixture forms but is able to stick together when rolled into a ball.
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse a few times until they are mixed in.
- Press into a mold or roll into balls then refrigerate for 30 minutes or until they are firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- If they'll last that long 🙂
I posted the week 2 Paleo Challenge Meal Plan and grocery list on Friday so check it out if you’re following along. Or if you just need some meal ideas 🙂 Also, don’t forget to mark off how you’re doing on the challenge! I’ll start announcing what some of the prizes will be this week!
- What’s your favorite LARABAR?
- Are you following along in the challenge? If so, how’s it going?
- How was your 4th of July?