It’s a mouthful isn’t it? Not just the tittle but these amazing little stacks of goodness.
Funny but a year ago you wouldn’t catch me eating bacon or bison but now I’m loving the combo of the two. Especially when paired with one of my favorite vegetables. Sweet potato!
We seriously can’t get enough of these sliders in our house lately and while they make for a great meal, would also be a super cute appetizer at your next summer get together. Oh and of course, they’re Paleo friendly so if you’re joining me in the Paleo Challenge these will work!
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb. grass-fed Bison or grass-fed beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. All purpose seasoning
- 1 lb. nitrate free, uncured bacon (I like Applegate Farms)
- Quick Guacamole (1 avocado, juice from 1/2 lime, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, 1/4 tsp. pepper)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet with a cooling rack or foil.
- Place bacon onto cooling rack or foil and bake for 15 min. or until cooked well.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut into fairly thick (1/4 or so) slices trying to make them as close to the same size as possible.
- Place into a bowl and add in melted coconut oil.
- Toss with the oil, sea salt and pinch of pepper.
- Lay out evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Once bacon is done, increase temperature to 375 degrees.
- Cook potatoes, flipping once for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and slightly crisped.
- Set aside
- Mix Bison and seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Form into palm size patties. Use the size of your potatoes to judge how big your burgers should be.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium.
- Grill burgers about 4-5 minutes per side or until they've reached your desired doneness.
- Layer a sweet potato with a burger patty, top with a slice of bacon cut in half, then a spoonful of quick Guacamole and finally a second potato slice.
- Serve and enjoy!