Can I just tell you how excited I am to finally post a recipe!?!
Not just any recipe either but a delicious, Paleo friendly, refined sugar, gluten and dairy-free one.
A recipe that is packed with healthy carbohydrates and antioxidant rich berries.
Carbohydrates from plantains, which have become one of my favorite carb replacements after a good workout. I typically saute them in coconut oil with cinnamon then top them with coconut butter. However, these pancakes have become my new favorite way to enjoy them.
- 2 ripe plantains
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. coconut nectar, 100% pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until a smooth mixture forms.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour desired amount of pancake batter into the heated pan.
- Cook about two minutes or until you see small bubbles forming on the batter side.
- Flip and cook two more minutes on the other side.
- Serve with Chia Berry Compote.
- In a small saucepan, heat berries and water until softened and slightly bubbly.
- Using a potato masher, gently mash them into a chunky mixture.
- Add in the syrup and chia seeds then simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over Plantain Pancakes.
So simple to make and such a good meal for anyone looking to enjoy a delicious pancake breakfast without gluten or dairy.
Or if you just want a yummy breakfast 🙂
- Do you eat plantains?
- If so, how?
- Would you rather have syrup or fruit on your pancakes?