Recently a good friend of mine had her second child. She’s absolutely adorable! I secretly want to steal her and take her home with me every time I see her. Too cute! Unfortunately, I’m always too busy oodling over her to take any pictures. So sorry, no baby pics today 🙁
As a fellow mom I know how those first few weeks can be. Dirty diapers, spit up, breast feeding, lack of sleep, oh the joy!Luckily all those moments are completely overshadowed by the love and excitement of having that little bundle of joy home in your arms. Well maybe not completely… There are definitely moments where you feel you could use a little help. Which is why I put together a gift basket for my friend filled with goodies she may need in those first few weeks.
I included some things I knew she’d enjoy, some things I knew she’d need and a few fun things for baby girl!
Blue Diamond Roasted Coconut Almonds, Justin’s Honey Almond Butter packets, Mother’s Milk Herbal Tea, hand sanitzer, aromatherapy bath soap, Yes Two You Face Wipes, Kind Bars, and a jar full Cranberry Protein Bites.
Something I think every new mom should have on hand.
A protein packed snack for when the baby’s demanding another feeding and you haven’t had time for breakfast… or lunch.
Or when your craving something something a little sweet but don’t have the time to bake. Or energy to go to the store.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup freeze dried cranberries (I found mine at Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1-2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place nuts and cranberries into a food processor and pulse until chopped to desired size.
- Add in remaining ingredients and puree until a sticky mixture forms.
- If it's not sticky enough to roll into balls add more honey or coconut oil.
- Roll into bite size balls and store in the fridge.
Don’t worry these aren’t just for moms 🙂
- What do you take to friends who have just had babies?
- If you’re a mom, what would you say is a must have those first few weeks?