So I feel like the worst mom ever! Remember how yesterday I was complaining about a long week because a certain little mister had been acting like a little monster? Turns out… he’s sick. He complained of a stomach ache Thursday night and looked feverish but his temp was only 99.3. Friday morning he seemed fine so we went to gymnastics which was extra special since The Hubby was able to come along.
After we stopped by the Macy’s to look for new cookware but he started fading fast. So home we went where he cuddled up on the couch watching Winnie the Pooh.
I kept thinking he was going to vomit so I covered the couch with blankets and towels. Luckily no vomit but when he woke up from nap it was obvious what the culprit was. His throat 🙁 So I gave him an ice cream then we headed to the doc to see what was wrong.
Luckily it isn’t strep so we left with no antibiotics just a prescription to rest and drink lots of fluids. He spent Friday evening watching Cars (his favorite movie) while The Hubby and I sipped on our new Friday cocktail and chatted.
champagne and a splash of maple whiskey
He seems to be feeling better but needless to say we’ll be having a low-key weekend. I have big plans to grocery shop, hit up the gym, and meal prep while The Hubby’s include changing oils and working in the garage. Exciting!
Anyway, since a few of you are following along with my weekly meals and grocery lists I wanted to pop in and share those with you in case you were doing your shopping today. On this weeks meal plan is this delicious recipe I made last week.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, Coconut Oil or Ghee
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce (As clean as possible, no sugar added. I found mine at Sprouts)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and slice spaghetti squash in half.
- Place face down on a baking sheet then pour 1/3 cup of water onto the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the back of the spaghetti squash is slightly soft to touch.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium in a skillet then add onions.
- Saute until slightly softened then add chicken.
- Cook about 5 minutes then add zucchini, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Cook stirring frequently until veggies are softenened and chicken is cooked.
- Add in cumin, chili powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Stir then transfer to a large bowl.
- When spaghetti squash is cooked, remove from oven and use a fork to scrape out the "spaghetti"
- Place the squash into the bowl with the chicken mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the enchilada sauce.
- Pour into the squash, chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the entire mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 45 - 50 minutes.
It turned out to be creamy without the cheese or milk that might normally go into a recipe like this.
It also has the perfect amount of spice for my liking which is not very spicy at all. Which also meant The Love Nugget enjoyed it since he can’t handle even the smallest amount of spice.
Oh and did I mention it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole30 and Paleo friendly? Yum!
Weekly Meal Plan
- Breakfast –Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Scramble
- Lunch – Taco Salad (Taco meat, lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa)
- Dinner – Pulled Pork Sliders with steamed broccoli
- Breakfast – Coconut Fruit Bowl (coconut flakes, fruit, and raw nuts)
- Lunch – Leftovers from Monday’s dinner
- Dinner – Chicken Enchilada Casserole (recipe above)
- Breakfast – Turkey Spinach and egg scramble (turkey breast, spinach and eggs with avocado)
- Lunch – Left overs from Tuesday’s dinner
- Dinner – Crockpot chicken over sweet potatoes for sweet potato Nachos (Crockpot recipe to come)
- Breakfast – Chicken apple sweet potato hash (recipe to come but will include apples, chicken sausage and sweet potatoes, no eggs)
- Lunch – Cobb salad (nitrate free bacon, turkey, hard boiled egg, avocado, tomato, olive oil, lemon and apple cider vinegar)
- Dinner –Coconut flour Sole with citrus salsa
- Breakfast – Roasted veggies with chicken apple sausage
- Lunch – Turkey, avo, lettuce wraps
- Dinner – chicken picatta and salad
- Breakfast – Veggie and egg scramble
- Lunch – Left overs from dinner Friday night
- Dinner – Wing it
- Breakfast – Avocado egg rings
- Lunch – Wing it
- Dinner – Mini Turkey Meatloaves
Meal prep – Roast spaghetti squash ahead of time if desired, roast veggies (brussel sprouts, radish, carrots, mushrooms, rutabaga, and fennel are a few I like to do), Roast potatoes, boil eggs for snacks and salads, wash and chop veggies for snacks, crock pot chicken, and cook ground beef or turkey for taco salad.
I didn’t have time to put together a grocery list quite yet… It should be fairly easy to do so for you with the links etc. Sorry!
Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!
Off to cuddle my sick little man 🙂
- Weekend plans?
- Are you in freezing temps or abnormal highs like me?
- Have you been enjoying the weekly Paleo/Whole30 meal plans?