Good morning and Happy Friday!!!
Anyone else doing the happy dance? I know all my teacher friends are! I remember how that week before Xmas was so long! Fun, but long. Even though I’m not teaching or working a full-time job right now, this week has definitely been a long one! So today you’re getting a quick Five on Friday with some random musings and facts.
1. I finally got back in the gym on Wednesday after a few weeks off during moving. I got a 7 day trial pass to the Golds right by our new house but wasn’t really a fan. The gym is super condensed filled with mostly weight machines and cardio equipment. Except the rower which is my favorite machine theses days. There wasn’t really any space to do my workout so I made do in front of the barbel rack but felt a little awkward being front and center doing this workout.
2. However, the gym also hosts a Crossfit and they offer several membership options which include access to the gym. So I’m going to sign up for a trial pass and see how I like if. My wallet is hoping I hate it but I have a feeling I’m going to be hooked!
3. I’m looking forward to an at home date night with The Hubby tonight. We don’t have anything to exciting planned. Just dinner then cuddling up to watch Love Actually. No house stuff, no computer, hopefully no Love Nugget. Well, he’ll be here just hoping he ‘ll be fast asleep 🙂
4. The winner of my BodenUSA winner was chosen this morning! Congrats to Kim!
Hope you find something cute and stylish that you enjoy 🙂 5. Today The Love Nugget has gymnastics and it’s going to be a fun holiday themed class complete with a visit from a surprise guest. However, there is a nasty stomach flu going around and I’m debating on taking him at all. Knowing our luck, he’d catch it and we’d be sick over Christmas 🙁 Usually I’m not one of those moms who avoids places because I’m worried about germs but that would just be horrible! I hate for him to miss it though so I’m thinking I might just add some vitamin C into some green juice this morning, and lather him with this awesome sanitizer before and after class. I’m a lotion obsessed person but I don’t use hand sanitizer as often for a few reasons. One of which is because it’s not really the most natural thing to put in our bodies. Many contain dangerous chemicals such as parebans and triclosan which are linked to cancer amongst other health issues. When I heard about Mother’s Therapy, a natural alternative to the chemically loaded germ busters, I had to try it. Mother’s Therapy Organics uses only organic, natural ingredients in their skin care products. Which include, Kids Hand Sanitizer, Germ-Fight’n Hand Lotion, Baby Lotion and travel Size Hand Sanitizers. They use ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Echinacea, Goldenseal, and Lavender Essential Oil to create products that kill germs but still leave your hands feeling silky smooth. So far we love them! They have a light, pleasant scent unlike the alcohol smell you get in other brands. They don’t leave my hands feeling dry but instead, as mentioned above, silky smooth 🙂 The company was so generous that they offered one lucky reader a chance to try out their wonderful products as well. Enter through the Rafflecopter link for a chance to win a family pack of hand sanitizer. Perfect for this yucky cold and flu season! a Rafflecopter giveaway
6. Okay one more thing. If you haven’t had a chance to pin my Red Velvet Peppermint Cake Pops yet, please do so! I’m in a contest for a $100 Whole Foods gift card and since we are hosting Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas night dinner and New Years I could sure use it! If you already pinned it unfortunately this link is the only one that gets the votes counted so if you can re-pin that would be awesome!
Thank you loves!