Happy Veterans day and a huge thank you to all the wonderful men and women who have served in our armed forces.
I’m sure some of you are enjoying the day off maybe celebrating with your loved ones or just relaxing at home. Whatever you do make sure you take some time to thank or think about those who have served. After all, that’s what this day is all about!
Today I’ve just got a few Marvelous things to share with you then The Love Nugget and I are off to honor our Veterans at a fun parade and carnival downtown.
For this Marvelous addition I’m linking up with Katie at Healthy Diva Life for Marvelous Monday!
The winner of the WholeMe giveaway was chosen! Congrats to Rebecca!
Going to bed at 9:15 Saturday night and getting a good full 8 hours of shut eye. Big partier over here on a Saturday night! Obviously I was tired!
A delicious breakfast that included a baked Pancake I thought up first thing yesterday morning.
Guess my well rested brain was hungry for pancakes!
However, I wasn’t in the mood to stand at the stove flipping cakes so a baked one came to mind and since I had just picked up some Honeycrisp apples this is what was created,
- 1 large Apple
- 2 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Whole fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Apple pie spice or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place coconut oil in a 9x13 baking dish and melt in the oven while preheating.
- Core, peel and slice the apple into rings.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and lay apple rings in pan over lapping if needed.
- Put pan back into the oven for 5 minutes or so while you prepare the pancake mix.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on medium until mixed well.
- Remove apple rings from the oven and pour pancake mixture over the top.
- Gently push apple rings back down if they float to the top making sure they are covered.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
It was a big hit with the whole family and this entire dish was pretty much gone except for a few small pieces.
I think it was made even better by topping it with this amazing Honey Cinnamon Spread from Cultured Kitchen.
Don’t worry, I’ll be sharing more about this spread and their other amazing products soon!
Getting some much needed things done around the house like re-grouting our kitchen counter tops.
Getting to see one of my besties yesterday before she flew home from visiting her family up North.
It may have only been for a few hours but it was marvelous! Looking forward to seeing more of her in a few weeks for Thanksgiving!
An afternoon walk to the park without my phone to interrupt some good quality family time
The reintroduction of Siggi’s grass-fed dairy yogurt topped with a delicious all natural, grain-free, granola called ChiaNola.
ChiaNola has definitely become a hit in our household since it tastes similar to an oatmeal cookie and is made with wholesome ingredients. It’s packed with rich Omega-3 chia seeds which we love!
It was delicious over my yogurt but I’ve also enjoyed it in a bowl of unsweetened vanilla almond milk or sprinkled over a green smoothie. The Love Nugget’s been eating on top of his plain yogurt mixed with applesauce.
He loves it!
That’s it for today! Hope you all have a wonderful day and again, take some time to thank a Veteran!
- How late do you stay up on the weekends?
- What’s your week night bedtime and how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
- Have you tried ChiaNola before?