Happy Second Day of Fall!
I’m not going to lie, I didn’t actually know that yesterday was the first day of Fall until today. To be honest, half the time I forget what day! I think not having an actual job to go to has something to do with that or it’s just mom brain 😉 Anyway we definitely had some Fall weather this weekend which was nice in some ways but not so much in others. As was most of our weekend. Marvelous but yet not so marvelous too. Let me explain,
Not so marvelous – Putting the box on a slippery floor and hitting my shin on the 20th box jump burpee 🙁
This was right after it happened and it looks much better now.
Ouch! It definitely put a dent in my workout since it wouldn’t stop bleeding and running was out of the question. I finished up with some lunges, squats, push-ups, and abs instead. Not what I was hoping for.
Marvelous – Finally making it up to my home town to visit my family!
Not so Marvelous – Pouring down rain all day Saturday that ruined our hiking Mt. Lassen plans.
Marvelous – Planning to go to a beer and wine festival with my brother and his wife.
Not so marvelous – It being postponed until October due to rain 🙁
Marvelous – Getting to go out for a night without The Love Nugget for drinks and dinner with The Hubby.
The two wine flights we ordered to share. So much wine!
Not so marvelous – Choosing a restaurant that had horrible service, sparkling wine out of a can and horrible, overpriced food 🙁
My chicken lettuce cups that were served with wilted lettuce and a mayonnaise chicken salad. Definitely not how it was described on the menu.
Marvelous – The Love Nugget sleeping in a big boy bed Friday night at Grammy’s all night!
Not so marvelous – The Love Nugget not sleeping so well in a big boy bed at Grammy’s house the next night. When we got home at 10:00 he was still awake trying to get up and play, then he refused to fall asleep until well after 11:00 then woke up at 6:30. Which meant he was a bundle of joy all morning! Luckily, he passed out within 5 minutes of driving home and slept almost the whole way.
Marvelous – Getting to see The Love Nugget play with his cousins he loves so much!
Not so Marvelous – Not being able to get a good picture of them. Guess that’s how it goes with kids!
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened sunbutter
- 2 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup or raw organic honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 cup hot water over dates and allow to sit for a few hours or heat in the microwave in water until softened.
- Drain the dates then mash with a potato masher or pulse in the food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until a wet sticky mixture forms.
- Line a 8x8 pan with foil then press the granola mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes then allow to cool before cutting and storing them in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Not so marvelous – Nothing, these are really good and you should go make them right now 🙂
Since it is Marvelous Monday despite a few un-marvelous happenings this weekend, I’m joining Katie and many other wonderful bloggers for Marvelous in My Monday!
- Do you ever have weekends with some marvelous but also some not so marvelous?
- What was your last fitness related injury?
- What’s your favorite granola bar recipe?
Want more of My Healthy Happy Home?
Follow me on,
and on Bloglovin