I have to admit that I’m starting to get fall/pumpkin crazy! Even though it’s still over 90 degrees and even though it’s not officially Fall yet. I can’t help it, I just love everything about this season. Which is why I’ve got so many things in mind to do this year. If you missed it, you can check yesterdays post where I shared my Fall Bucket List. So much fun things planned!
Like I said, I’m getting pumpkin crazy already.
You’ll have to keep reading to get the recipes but before I get to that let’s talk about a few Marvelous things from our weekend.
Friday night we had planned to have somewhat of an at home date night. When The Hubby got home from work we relaxed out back enjoying a cocktail, some light snacks and play time with The Love Nugget.
Goat cheese, pears, Crackers, and a dirty martini 🙂
Unfortunately The Nugget didn’t go to bed as early as we had hoped. He took forever eating his dinner then wanted to play in the shower so we didn’t get to sit down and enjoy our dinner until well after 8:00pm. Which is late for us old folks! We had talked about watching a movie but instead watched a few episodes of True Blood. Almost up to season 6!
Saturday I headed to boot camp to start my day then refueled with one of these,
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (mine was frozen)
- 1/3 cup frozen banana
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup liquid of choice (coconut milk, almond milk, milk, or water. I used 1 splash of coconut milk and 1/4 cup coconut water)
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and run until smooth and creamy.
- If you want it thick use less liquid. If you want it drinkable through a straw, use a little more liquid.
So creamy, pumpkiny (yes I know that’s not a word), and just over all good!
After my smoothie we headed out to run some errands which included a stop at the mall where the new Lululemon had just opened!
I could have spent all day in there! Along with the amazing clothes, they had kombucha on tap and fresh juice to sample! So fun! Instead I went and met The Hubby and Love Nugget for lunch at Pluto’s.
I haven’t been there in so long and forgot how big their salads were! This is their side salad and then you get to add seven toppings before they toss it all together. It was pretty good but… my tummy was not a fan and I was not feeling too hot when we got home 🙁
Later that day we had a birthday party to go to where these two had a blast running around together!
Oh and eating cupcakes of course 🙂
I enjoyed one of these,
So good and refreshing!
Sunday we headed out to the farmer’s market bright and early where we picked up a ton of fresh produce!
For $24 we got grass-fed beef, a bag of dates, organic strawberries, grapes, peaches, tomatoes, basil, a sweet potato and green beans. Score!
Then we stopped at the Aerospace Museum to check out the planes!
Oh my he had a blast!
After seeing every plane, playing in the kids area then the climbing structure, we headed home for nap time. While the Love Nugget napped I headed out to get the grocery shopping done. So much more fun when I’m solo! Not that I don’t enjoy having a little helper but I was able to hit up three stores in under 2 hours. I planned our meals and grocery list around the sales and coupons I had for Whole Foods, Raley’s and Trader Joes. I managed to spend just over my goal of $100 which I felt great about!
I got to work on food prep which included a recipe experiment!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sunbutter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. unsalted roasted pepitas
- 4-5 mejdool dates
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Place dates and 1/3 cup pepitas in a food processor and pulse until chopped well.
- Add in sunbutter, pumpkin puree, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and honey.
- Add 1 tbsp. pepitas and chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
- Roll into bite size balls and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Told you, I’m getting pumpkin crazy already!
Good thing I picked up a few cans of pumpkin at Whole Foods yesterday 🙂
- Have you gone pumpkin crazy yet?
- What’s one thing you are looking forward to during fall?
- Did you do anything Marvelous this past weekend?