After so many toddler related posts last week with the Love Nugget’s birthday fun, I decided to take a break for a week. I will be doing a toddler related post on Thursday though for Brittany’s Munchkin Meals!
I’ve been seeing this currently list quite a bit lately and since I haven’t done one in quite sometime, I thought it would be fun to do.
A book Called Defending Jacob that I checked out from the Library.
So far it’s pretty good and I’m only about 1/3 of the way into it.
I’m so outdated with music. I very rarely listen to much of anything other than a few podcasts and toddler Radio on Pandora. My favorite two podcasts of late are Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness and Balanced Bites
Current Guilty Pleasure:
Spoonfuls of this...
Current Nail Color:
Pink. Summer love!
Good old Agua! I love water and drink it all day long!
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 6 Dates made into date paste
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, cover pitted dates with water and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Mash dates into a paste and set aside to cool.
- Mix together eggs, maple syrup, date paste, banana and coconut oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add in coconut, strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
I know, it’s a mouthful of a title but seriously this bread is so good!
Even if you’re not into paleo or gluten-free, I highly recommend making this. You won’t regret it! Oh and since it’s naturally sweetened you also won’t feel as guilty about eating it 🙂
Current Favorite Show:
Downton Abbey! We finished season two last week and are going to have to get season three soon! Both the Hubby and I love it!
Current Wish List:
A new phone! My iPhone is old and starting to die on me so it’s about that time. I’m debating on getting an iPhone 5 or making a switch to the Samsung Galaxy which I’ve heard good things about. I’m just scared to ditch the iPhone! Thoughts?
A new laptop battery. Well, a new laptop in general but I’ll settle for a battery for the time being. It seriously goes dead after 20 minutes of being unplugged.
Current Bane of my Existence:
This dog in our neighborhood that has been barking until way past 12:00am! Not only is he waking us up, but The Love Nugget too! Grrr…
Current Celebrity Crush:
Hmmm… Don’t know that I really have one right now. I’ve always been a Paul Walker fan and since there is a new Fast and Furious movie out, (how they made so many of those I’ll never understand) he’s been on T.V. a little more lately. Which isn’t a bad thing!
Frozen yogurt! Not right this second but with the super hot weather we get it’s hard not to indulge in some cold froyo ever once in awhile!
We’ve been searching for a new home for the past few months with no luck. It’s beyond frustrating but with the recent events in Oklahoma which left many people without a home I’m feeling blessed that we are lucky enough to have a roof over our heads!
Huh, not sure that I use much “slang” Although I remember when I was younger (like Jr. High younger) and we though it was cool to try and come up with new slang. So we would look in the dictionary for synonyms that could be used for popular slang words like Zany for cool or “bunk” for “lame.” Such nerds!
My latest Ellie outfit!
Not the best photo but it’s super cute!
Have you guys heard of Ellie?
If you’re familiar with the fitness blogging world you probably are but if not, here’s the run down. Ellie is an online fitness clothing store that has offers customers a few different options to shop their workout clothes.
- They fit well! The tops aren’t too short and don’t ride up which for me and my long torso is a plus!
- The pants are thick enough that when you bend over the person behind you isn’t getting a show 🙂
- Their clothing is unique and cute!
- Everything I’ve gotten has been super comfortable and fashionable enough to wear throughout the day which I often do!
Love the back of this top!
What’s cool about Ellie is that if you sign up for the membership but don’t feel like purchasing for a month (or more) you can easily call and postpone until the next month. Simple! Also, you have the option to allow their stylist to do the picking for you if you’re not feeling up to making a decision. Which can sometimes be the hardest part with all their cute outfits!
That this is happening in a few weeks! Seriously cannot wait!
Relaxed. Love Nugget’s asleep, feet are up, and hubby’s sitting next to me 🙂
We are looking at renting a house for a weekend in Santa Cruz. I always have great luck on that site!
That’s it for my Currently list! Now it’s your turn! Choose a few and tell me what your currently into 🙂
Disclaimer – Ellie provided me with one free outfit to review but I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are of my own 🙂