Almost Friday! Which means just a few more days of the Summer Ready Challenge! How’s everyone doing? Stay tuned for tomorrows post which will highlight a few of the challenge prizes I will be giving away!
The other day I made some kale chips and had forgotten how good they were! I’ve gotten used to purchasing them lately but they are so easy to make and so good that I’ll definitely be making them more often.
- 4 leaves of kale washed and dried
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash and dry kale completely. Damp kale won't crisp up well in the oven.
- Tear into bite size pieces then place into a large zip lock bag.
- Add in olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Massage oil and seasonings into kale then place onto baking sheet making sure each piece does not overlap.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes watching carefully not to burn. If some pieces begin to brown slightly remove them before the others as they will burn if left in to long.
Besides the fact that these really do taste delicious, they are also very healthy for you.
Here’s just a few reasons why,
- Kale is packed with nutrients such as fiber, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A and K.
- It’s a good source of minerals such as copper, potassium, iron, manganese and phosphorus.
- It contains antioxidants that are associated with many anti-cancer benefits.
- Kale is rich in eye healthy compounds.
- It is very high in hard to get vitamin K.
Besides making these delicious kale chips, here’s a few ways we like to enjoy kale in our house,
- Sauteed in coconut oil and served with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Tossed into smoothies for a delicious green smoothie.
- Massaged with olive oil and tossed with fresh veggies for a yummy salad like this one.
- Mixed into pasta dishes.
- Added to stir-fry’s.
- Sauteed and served under baked chicken or fish.
- Wilted down and served under a cooked egg.
Okay I know I’ve overwhelmed you with pictures from The Love Nugget’s birthday party the past few days but I thought I’d share just a few more with you 🙂
Like I said in Tuesday and Wednesday’s post we had such a fun time especially The Love Nugget!
The Hubby, Love Nugget, My brother, Sister-in-law and I 🙂
- If you’re participating in the Summer Challenge how is it going?
- Have you made kale chips before?