Oh my gosh I can’t believe it’s already Thursday! It came so fast this week which is nice because I’m really looking forward to this event tonight!
So fun! But as usual it would be nice to have a little more time. Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday and yesterday morning my stomach was really upset 🙁 So I didn’t get to spend as much time getting things ready for tonight and this weekend as I would have liked to. Our moms and my SIL’s are coming to our house for Mother’s Day so I’ve got quite a bit of cleaning to do.
Anyway, after a good workout yesterday I was feeling much better and gained some of my appetite back. Enough to have some energy to do a few things around the house before heading to a friends birthday party.
The Love Nugget’s little buddy is turning 2 so we went to celebrate with him at his train party! Of course the Love Nugget was so excited when we walked in and saw all the train fun!
He decorated his own train,
and hung out with his buddies 🙂
Check out the difference in these cuties from last year to this year,
The Love Nugget was such a grumpy butt last year!
He wasn’t too happy when it was time to go and was so exhausted from all the festivities. Unfortunately exhausted led to fit throwing and not wanting to do his normal bedtime routine with Dad. I think it’s just a sneak peek of the terrible two’s which are fast approaching!
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried apricots, unsulfured and unsweetened
- 4 dates
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse apricots and dates until finely chopped.
- Add in nuts and continue pulsing until chopped well.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue pulsing until mixed.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 - 30 minutes tossing a few times throughout cooking. Watch to make sure it doesn't burn!
- Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
I’ve been enjoying this on top of my newest smoothie obsession or by the handful., so good! Ingredients Instructions
Okay, time to get moving!
- Have you tried smoothies in a bowl?
- Has this week gone by quickly for you?
- Anything fun planned for Mother’s Day?