Today’s MIMM is a bunch of random marvelousness some from the weekend, some not but all pretty MARVELOUS!
Thanks as always to the wonderful Katie for hosting!
First, Marvelous wonderful Friday afternoon/evening spent outdoors with this little guy despite a visit to the doctor earlier that day.
He had a fever off and on through the week which I had assumed was just from his 2 year molars coming in. However, after he wouldn’t even jump on the trampoline on Friday and was just not acting himself I decided to take him in. Good thing I did because he had an ear infection. Poor guy 🙁 Luckily we got him on antibiotics and he is doing much better!
Mavelous was our Saturday morning walk 🙂
Such a nice way to start the morning 🙂
Marvelous was a birthday party we attended Saturday afternoon for one of The Love Nugget’s little buddies.
It was a construction party so there were lots of building activities that the boys loved!
Marvelous was that the weather was warm enough to enjoy some water play!
Marvelous was an unpictured brunch I enjoyed Sunday morning with a lovely group of ladies from Stroller Strides. So nice to get out of the house and enjoy some girl time!
Marvelous was getting in a nice 6 mile run Sunday morning without a stroller which hasn’t happened in a long time. I had forgotten how much I enjoy just getting out and going without a time to be back by, a toddler to stop and check on or a pace to keep. It didn’t hurt that the weather was amazing! Finally no wind!
Marvelous was this delicious coconut water I enjoyed after my run!
Oh my goodness this stuffs good! If you’ve been reading for awhile you know that coconut water is my go to choice for rehydration after any activity that requires me to replace lost electrolytes. So when Fitapproach offered up a Zola Coconut water review I jumped on board, excited to try a new coconut beverage.
I was shipped their three main flavors, Coconut water, Coconut water with pulp and their original Acai beverage.
They also have Acai with blueberry and with pomegranate.
Besides the fact that Zola beverages are delicious, they are also GMO free, all natural, have a ton of essential electrolytes and come in a BPA free can. Sweet!
I had a little plain right after my run then threw the rest in a smoothie with chocolate protein powder, a banana and some ice. Delicious! My favorite by far though is the coconut water with pulp. The little chunks of fresh coconut are so tasty plus add yummy texture to the water.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup raw or sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6-7 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse nuts and dates until chopped well.
- Add in protein powder, cinnamon, and salt, pulse until mixed in.
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil, almond butter, and honey.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla.
- Stir to combine then pour into the nut mixture and pulse until a wet sticky mixture forms. You may have to stop to scrape down sides a few times.
- Press into an 2 quart baking dish then bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool then cut and wrap individually.
Marvelous was finely getting a sweet juicy watermelon!
Horrible picture! After buying quite a few mini watermelons that were all horrible, we were excited to get a nice big one that was overloaded with sweet juice! So good!
Okay, that’s it for my random Marvelous Monday! Oh, one more marvelous thing is that I’ve still got that awesome giveaway going on right now for a super cute workout tank of your choice! Make sure to check that out before it’s too late 🙂
- What’s one marvelous thing about your weekend?
- Have you tried Zola coconut water?
- Have you purchased watermelon yet this year? If so, was it good?
If you’re on Bloglovin, make sure to sign up to follow me 🙂
Follow my blog with Bloglovin