I was planning to do a completely different type of post today but with my cold my head is in somewhat of a fog and my brain is rambling so a random post is what you get! Sorry in advance but if you stick with me till then end there might just be something worth it!
So, because I don’t want to bore you with anymore of my sickness talk, I’ll spare you the details but… I’m starting to feel a little better! After taking advice given by many of you lovely people, I rested the past two days with NO exercise! I drank tons of green juice, ate soup made with the pulp from the green juice, downed vitamins and tea all day long. I will be better by this weekend!
Okay, moving on… The Love Nugget has been all about “bars” lately. No, not beer drinking, shot taking, filler up bars but granola bars. A few weeks ago I reviewed 18 Rabbit’s Granola Bars and he sampled all the flavors of their Bunny Bars. Of course he loved them! However, I haven’t bought any new ones and have been meaning try and make him some at home. So the other day I threw some stuff together and pressed it into a baking sheet. I knew as I was doing it that the mixture wasn’t quite sticky enough and probably was going to end up more like granola. Sure enough, Granola was what we got. However, it was a very tasty granola that The Love Nugget and I both enjoyed! So, I thought I’d share the recipes with you all since it’s very good and kid friendly!
- 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3 cups Chopped Almonds
- 1/3 cup Chopped unsulfured Dried Apricots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3/ cup Chopped Almonds
- 2 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup 100% pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the last three. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil then add almond butter and maple syrup.
- Stir until creamy then pour into the oat mixture.
- Stir until a wet, sticky mixture forms then press into a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes or until lightly browned.
Sometimes kitchen fails turn out to be pretty good! This granola isn’t super sweet so it’s perfect to top my smoothies or for The Love Nugget’s yogurt bowl. Well, he’s now asking for it every time I open the pantry door. Loves it!
Now, you may remember for Christmas I received a few new to me products from my Mother in Law called H2O At Home. I was loving the few things that I got from her and was thrilled when the company contacted me and offered to send me some more samples to review.
H2O At Home is a company that began in France over 13 years ago. They specialize in creating products that are environmentally friendly and chemical-free. They have three wonderful product lines all of which I’ve had the chance to sample.
- Their Natural Home Care includes Chiffonnettes, natural cleansers and smart-cleaning tools. My favorite so far is the Chiffonnette which works wonders at dusting and wiping down surfaces without any chemical product added to it. I just get it slightly damp and wipe away! I also really enjoyed their natural laundry soap as I think that there are way too many harsh chemicals in our soaps today. It has a naturally pleasant scent and left my clothes smelling nice and fresh 🙂
- Their Personal Care is by far my favorite! I’ve never been really big at using soap on my face. I tend to use a wet washcloth and scrub away. So when I received their cleansing and exfoliating cloth to use on my face, I was beyond excited. Without using any soap I’m able to remove all my makeup and any unwanted dirt or oil buildup. It’s also a wonderful exfoliator! Their body wash has become my go-to daily shower soap. It doesn’t have a very strong scent but uses extra virgin olive oil and lavender oil which moisturizes the skin wonderfully.
- Their Home Fragrance was actually one of my Christmas gifts from my Mother in Law. It’s an electric warmer that melts scented pebbles for up to 3 hours without burning. I also received a few of the scented oil extracts that are made from 100% natural essential oils and floral extracts. They are used to recharge the pebbles once their scent has faded. Basically you are able to keep a nice, pleasant scent in your home for hours on end without burning a candle!
I’m loving all their products and feel so much better about the fact that we are exposing our bodies to less harsh chemicals by using their natural product line. H2O is a company that works privately through home parties and sales much like Stella and Dot or other home party companies. If you are interested in becoming involved with this company or learning where you can find an advisor in your area, check out their website here.
Okay, last thing for today but it’s a good one! A while back I did a reviewed a few of Bob’s Red Mill products and absolutely loved their Hulled Hemp Seeds!
Since it’s Bob’s Red Mill is such a wonderful company, in honor of my blogiversary they offered to send one lucky reader a bag of my favorite product, Hemp Seeds!
Here’s what you need to do,
Leave a comment telling me your favorite way to use hemp seeds OR if you’ve never tried them, how you’d like to use them.
Extra entry’s (leave a comment for each one),
Like My Healthy Happy Home on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about the giveaway, “I just entered to win a bag of @Bobsredmill Hulled Hemp Seeds from @GiselleSchroer”
Thanks for listening to my ramblings today and I’ll be back tomorrow with a normal Fitness Friday post! Oh and another awesome giveaway! You’ve still got time to enter for a chance to win some Lily’s Chocolate bars! A winner will be chosen tomorrow evening.
Want more of My Healthy Happy Home?
Follow me on,
and on Bloglovin
Disclaimer –H2O At Home provided me with free samples. All opinions are of my own and I received no other compensation for this post. Bob’s Red Mill provided me with samples to sponsor my giveaway. I received no other compensation from them either.