I’m going to make this post short and sweet. I slept in a little and The Love Nugget will be up soon so my alone, blogging time will be cut short today. Oh well!
To begin with a big thank you to the Marvelous Katie at Healthy Diva Life for hosting today! Thanks Katie!
I mentioned in Friday’s post that the hubby and I would be having a date night that evening. However, we were both exhausted and unmotivated to cook so we moved it to the next night. Instead, we watched some DVR and ate leftovers of this marvelous Paleo Turkey Chili.
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 2 diced Sweet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 28 oz. an Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a medium pan, cook ground turkey until brown and cooked through.
- Place remaining ingredients, plus the browned turkey into a crockpot.
- Cook on high for two hours then reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 hours more.
- Top with diced avocado, cheese (if you're not paleo), or other toppings of choice.
Saturday I had a marvelous morning at the gym taking a Core class I love but haven’t done for awhile.
It was awesome!
Then we ran some errands and enjoyed the beautiful day 🙂 Later that evening we finally had our date night. Homemade pizza’s, regular for the hubby, and this one for me. Love it! Then we played a fun game from this site called Would You Rather that I found from this site. It sparked some good conversations and definitely made you think but some of the questions we couldn’t even answer because they were too outrageous! Something fun to do though besides watching a movie or TV 🙂
Sunday morning was marvelous because I stayed in my PJ’s until almost 12:00! The hubby helped out so much with the chores that I was able to finish updated my recipe page (I’m super happy about that one!), catch up on emails, blog replies and finish my Fitmixer Post for this week. Which by the way is a delicious Carrot Cake Protein Muffin recipe!
Sneak Peak of the Carrot Cake Protein Muffins!
We headed off to our first Super Bowl party around 2:30 with my Paleo Meatballs and the Hubby’s Buffalo Chicken dip. I decided to keep my brownie bites at home 🙂
It was such a gorgeous almost Spring-like day out which was definitely enjoyed by the kiddos running around playing.
Pink car… what!?!
Of coarse there was football watching going on.
and I enjoyed one of these tasty beverages,
Somewhat Paleo since Champagne and vodka are both on the “cleaner” list for alcoholic drinks although really all alcohol should be avoided while eating Paleo. But… since I’m not doing it 100%, I drank up!
I did great with my Paleo eats though only munching on my Paleo meatballs and veggies. There were lots of snacks and treats but honestly, I didn’t even crave any of them! I was totally satisfied with what I was eating 🙂
After the halftime show, we headed over to my cousins house for party number two! The Love Nugget has been asking for his Auntie Gigi and Uncle Nony (Tony) for the past few days so we had to make a stop there for a bit. I didn’t get any photos but he had a blast playing with a few of his other friends while we watched the second half. Which was actually enjoyable!
This morning, I’m planning to start my Marvelous Monday with a smoothie bowl topped with this delicious Paleo Granola.
I love granola on my smoothie bowls and that was one thing I was really missing. So when I saw a few recipes for Paleo Granola, I thought I’d create my own. Boy did it turn out good!
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Raw Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Raw Almonds
- 1/3 cup Raw Cashews
- 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat over to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse nuts and coconut until chopped but not too much.
- Place the nut/coconut mixture into a bowl and add in almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, almond butter, vanilla, honey and coconut oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the nut mixture and mix until wet and clumpy.
- Spread evenly onto your baking sheet and bake for 30 - 35 minutes stirring halfway through. Watch closely towards the end to make sure it doesn't burn.
- 7. Allow to cool then enjoy!
I’m off to get my Love Nugget and whip up a smoothie! Hope you all have a Marvelous Monday!
What’s something Marvelous for you right now?
Any Marvelous recipes you’ve made lately?
Did you go to a Super Bowl party? Host the party? Or do something else non football related?