Happy Super Bowl Sunday! The day men look forward to like children look forward to Christmas!
I on the other hand, am not as excited. I don’t really love football. I mean, it’s fine to watch a little of, but I’d much rather be doing something else. At least I’ll get to visit with friends and watch the kiddos play! Today we will be going to some friends to watch the game which means the guys will be glued to the TV and the girls will be chasing the kids around trying to have a civilized conversation while doing so. Fun times!
Anyways, I’m finally getting back on track with my meal planning on Sundays. For some reason, I’d been off a few days and not really planning for the week ahead like I used to. So I took some time Friday evening to sit down and get some things planned out. Then we were able to get our shopping done yesterday at Whole Paycheck… I mean, Whole Foods 😉
Today I’m linking up with the lovely Laura over at Mommy Run Fast for Sunday Menu Link-up!
Sunday – Super Bowl Party. We’ll be bringing this Paleo recipe and a Buffalo Chicken Dip that is The Hubby’s favorite. I’m not going to lie, if I wasn’t still in my Paleo Challenge, I would probably dig into that dip a few times. It’s good, but not good for you in the least!
Monday – At home date night – Steak for the hubby, Bacon Wrapped Scallops for me 🙂
Wednesday – Paleo Shepards Pie
Thursday – Asian Chicken Wraps from Paleo Slow Cooking
Friday/Saturday – The Hubby has informed me not to plan meals for these two nights. I’m assuming we are celebrating my birthday since it falls on Wednesday of the following week. We’ll see!
Speaking of my birthday… it would be pretty cool if I could get to 200 likes on my facebook page by then! Please help me out by liking, sharing, and spreading the love! I’m planning to have a great giveaway when I hit 200 likes!
I had planned on bringing these delicious Paleo Brownie Bites to the Super Bowl Party today but… they seem to be disappearing pretty quickly around here and honestly they are so good, I want to keep them all for ourselves!
However, I will share the recipe with you guys 🙂
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat mini muffin tins with coconut oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together cocoa powder, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, mashed banana, eggs, vanilla and honey.
- 4. Add the dry and wet ingredients together mixing until well combined.
- 5. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- 6. Spoon into mini muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Don't over bake.
I think these are better than regular brownies but that’s just me. Although The Hubby was enjoying quite a few the other night as well 🙂
Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, Super Bowl Sunday!
- Are you a big football fan?
- Do you actually watch football on Super Bowl Sunday or are you more interested in the commercials and halftime show?
- What’s on your meal plan for the week?