It’s Wednesday yet again which means its time for What I ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to the wonderful Jenn at Pea’s and Crayons for hosting a fun party!
I’m still going strong with my Paleo Challenge! I stuck with it even on our weekend in Tahoe. Although I did allow myself some wine and a few Vodka Soda waters with lime but other than that I did great! Friday the hubby and I made dinner for everyone (which meant I made a lasagna ahead of time). Instead of eating lasagna, I made myself a dairy free, grain free butternut squash pumpkin lasagna.
Paleo Lasagna and salad
I layered butternut squash and zucchini slices, topped with pureed roasted butternut squash, pumpkin and sage puree, turkey sausage, ground turkey with organic crushed tomatoes and basil. It was delicious! The next night everyone had tacos but since I snacked on some veggies, plantain chips and mashed avocado right before, I wasn’t that hungry for dinner. Which worked out since it wasn’t really a paleo meal. I was surprised that I didn’t have any cravings for all the non-Paleo foods that were around. Wheat Thins and cheese (one of my favorites), coffee cake, bagels, cookies and brownie bites. Not once did I even feel the urge to eat any of it! I’m still feeling good but honestly not that much different than I felt before. I do notice I don’t feel as bloated and puffy which is a positive! I also have a lot more energy during the day. With just a few weeks to go I’m interested to see if I’ll notice any more changes.
Now, on to my eats from yesterday.
Breakfast was a new take on my latest favorite, sweet scramble along with two organic chicken apple breakfast sausages.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp. Banana flakes (found in the bulk section at Whole Foods) or half a mashed banana
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped spinach (optional but I like to add some greens to mine and you can't really taste it)
- 1 tsp. Coconut oil
- In a small pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. In a bowl, mix together eggs, banana flakes, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. If using mashed banana, add that to the pan prior to the egg mixture and sauté for a few minutes. Other wise, add spinach first and cook until slightly wilted. Add egg mixture and cook stirring frequently until cooked through. The mixture will look a little more moist than a normal scramble which is normal. Scoop into a bowl and top with almond butter, sunflower butter, or nothing at all! Enjoy!
I know some of you are thinking, gross! Sweet eggs! I promise you it’s delicious!
After breakfast, we headed to boot camp at the gym. It was a good class but not as intense as I like it. There was a lot of instructing and standing around which bugs me sometimes. I like to work the entire hour 🙂 Although it was pretty awesome that the instructor who is also a personal trainer that I’ve trained with, stretched me out for a little bit afterwards. AWESOME!!!! If you’ve ever had someone else stretch you out, you know what I’m talking about! Hurts so good!
We came home and I enjoyed a Fitmixer Chocolate Protein Smoothie for my snack as I got ready to go pick up a friend at the airport.
Notice a certain little photo bomber in the background? The White Coyote wanted to say hello!
After picking up my friend from the airport, we headed to Whole Foods to grab a bite to eat. So much easier to eat Paleo there with all their healthy options! I got a salad with shredded carrots, salmon, artichoke hearts, cucumbers and mushrooms with a little olive oil and balsamic. It was so good, I forgot to snap a picture before inhaling it! So you get an after pic 🙂
I also enjoyed my favorite Kombucha drink.
I used to drink these all the time but for some reason stopped. Well Paleo recommends eating or drinking fermented food to help aid digestion. So I’m bringing back the Kombucha!
After a few errands, we came home and I snacked on a few of these veggie snacks.
These are really good if you like onion flavored things. I also munched on some baby carrots, celery and cherry tomatoes. My favorite snack ever!
Dinner tonight was delicious!
- 2 - 3 filets of Petrole Sole or Dover Sole
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- For Salsa
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 10-12 Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Kiwi's peeled and chopped
- Juice from half a lime
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat.
- Rinse and pat dry fish then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg white in a bowl, set aside.
- Pour coconut flour into a separate bowl.
- Dip fish into egg white, then coconut flour.
- Place into heated frying pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to plates, top with salsa and enjoy!
We enjoyed it alongside some sautéed fennel, mushrooms, rainbow chard topped and Coconut Aminos. So good!
I was stuffed from dinner so ended the evening with a warm mug of peppermint tea. Love hot tea on cold evenings, so comforting!
- What’s been a recent favorite eat for you?
- Are you a Kombucha fan?