Today’s post is going to be a little random. My mind is filled with random thoughts and I’m all over the place so this post will be as well.
1. First things first! The winner of the 16 sampler LARABAR giveaway is Angela at Happy Fit Mama! Congrats girl! Email me your info when you get a chance
Random number generation / Random Numbers
2. I’m beyond excited about the Blend Retreat announcement.
I’ve been anxiously awaiting for more information on this wonderful event and it’s finally been released! I haven’t been to a blogger conference before but this one sounds like so much fun! I’ll be parked by my computer the day the tickets go on sale to make sure I get in!
3. I stuck to my Paleo Challenge as best as I could this weekend while away. Here’s how it went,
a. It’s extremely hard to avoid gluten, sugar, soy, and dairy while eating out. We went to dinner and I wanted to see what it would be like if I was truly Paleo. I asked what was gluten-free on the menu and he gave me a few options but they all included soy or dairy. There wasn’t anything on the menu that was soy free, dairy free or gluten-free. So I would have had to make a ton of modifications or substitutions to my order. Instead, I chose beets and picked around the cheese and ate a few mushrooms as well. Which was fine but very interesting to see what a struggle it would be to live the lifestyle all the time.
b. It’s hard to be the only one eating a certain diet without looking strange, picky, or obsessive. While no one minded that I chose not to eat certain things because they weren’t considered Paleo, I did a lot of explaining and felt like the conversation revolved around my interesting eating habits.
c. I ate way more healthy fats that I normally do and really wanted to. While traveling, the easiest on the go snacks to grab are nuts, nut butters, bars, and fruits. Since I didn’t eat much else, I ate a lot of nuts which yes, they are good for you but should still be enjoyed in moderation.
d. I didn’t crave bread, sugar or dairy at all like I thought I would. I did drink wine, so I had sugar but in every meal that I ate, there was some form of gluten or dairy and I didn’t mind picking around it.
3. Speaking of the Paleo Challenge, the hubby has ditched it. Well, during the day at least since I won’t be making him a separate dinner. He wasn’t really enjoying it and was having a hard time finding things to eat during the day. So I’m on my own but that’s okay
4. I came home to a sick Love Nugget Which made for a SUPER fun, long day yesterday.
Just a cold but I’m beginning to wonder if he’ll ever get better! Luckily I took him to the doc last Friday since he still had a cough and they gave him some antibiotics that we just started yesterday. Fingers crossed it helps and he’s all better soon! We have a fun trip coming up!
5. Fitmixer’s boot camp began yesterday and I was happily surprised by my fit test results! I didn’t look at my ending results from the last round of boot camp before completing the fit test yesterday. So while I was exercising, I kept wondering how I was doing in comparison to the last round. I was in our garage since the Love Nugget was sleeping and it was freezing! I felt like I couldn’t move my fingers and felt like I wasn’t doing all that good with the workout. However, I actually made even more growth in most areas! Score!
6. Last night, after such a long day, I needed some laughs. So I did what any other woman does these days. I headed to Pinterest
This is totally something I would do.
I totally feel this way when I leave a store!
Sometimes I turn on the TV for a few minutes right at 4:00 so the Love Nugget will dance with Ellen.
I so miss this show!
You have to watch these videos!
This first video is an all time favorite of mine and the hubby’s. Can’t watch it without cracking up!
This one we just watched last night for the first time and it is hilarious! Give it some time, it’s long but it keeps getting funnier! I hope the Love Nugget is that smart and funny!
Okay, off to get my little guy up. Hopefully he’s feeling better and we have a much happier day.
- Any random thoughts for you on this wonderful Tuesday?
- What do you do to cheer yourself up after a long day?
Want more of My Healthy Happy Home?
Follow me on,