Okay, so I know everyone is probably over all the pumpkin recipes right now. But… I wasn’t. I opened a large can of pumpkin puree the other day and have been using it for Pumpkin Pie Lattes and overnight oats. Then I decided to make some mini muffins for the Love Nugget and they turned out to be REALLY good!
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together flour, oats, flaxseed meal, hemp seed, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a seperate bowl, cream pumpkin puree, egg greek yogurt maple syrup and vanilla. Add in melted coconut oil mixture, then combine with the dry ingredients. Spoon into pre-greased mini muffin tins and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Someone enjoyed them quite a bit and shoved a whole one into his mouth right away.
Then snarled at me when I told him to slow down. Guess he liked them!
Along with eating these delicious muffins all weekend, we’ve been having a lot of fun! Friday was low key with a Christmas movie, glass of wine and cuddling with the hubby. I really wanted to watch Love Actually but for some reason we couldn’t find it to rent on Direct TV or Amazon 🙁 So we watched the Family Man. A good holiday movie but I’m not a big Nicholas Cage fan.
Saturday I got in a great workout at the gym then after cleaning up we drove down to Lodi to pick up a wine shipment and get some lunch. We went to a small little restaurant/tasting room called The Dancing Fox. It was cute, smelled delicious, and we had heard good things. I ordered half a turkey sandwich with blackberry cream cheese spread, and a cup of tomato soup.
Horrible picture! Sorry!
It was okay. I’m realizing that I no longer like Rosemary for some reason and it was all over the Focaccia bread. The hubby liked it though and finished it off for me.
Later that evening, we went over to some friends for appetizers, cocktails and game night.
There was lots of yummy snacks and we played a pretty fun game called Cards against Humanity. Definitely have to be with the right group to play this one!
Today we are getting some stuff done around the house then going to take the Love Nugget to get his picture with Santa before heading up to a Victorian Christmas in a town close by. We’ve never been but Melissa over at Fit ‘N’ Well Mommy recommended we check it out.
Off to get some cleaning done while the Love Nugget eats breakfast. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend as well!
- Have you gone to any fun Christmas show/activities?
- Are you over Pumpkin flavored foods or still loving them?