Hope you’ve all had a wonderful weekend! It sure did fly by for us!
Yesterday I had a hair apt and the Love Nugget had to tag along. He did such a good job waiting for me to finish and then it was his turn!
He didn’t really enjoy it all that much but luckily I had some of these crackers I had made this week for him to snack on.
I also had a little helper while making them 🙂
He LOVES them!
They taste pretty similar to graham crackers but are much healthier since they don’t have all the added over processed ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, combing the first 6 ingredients. Add in the cubed butter and pulse until a crumbly mixture forms. Add maple syrup and pulse again. Continue pulsing adding in water a tbsp at a time until a sticky dough forms. Seperate into two balls then roll out on a floured surface into a 1/4 inch thick oval. Cut out into squares or desired shapes. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheet imediately to cool
I’ll admit I might have snacked on a few of these myself. Smear some nut butter on them and you’ve got a pretty yummy snack!
After we were all fresh and fancy with our new hair cuts, we went to check out a store my hairstylist mentioned to me. Evidentially, there is a store that sells things that Costco cannot. Items that are damaged, returned, etc. Since it was close by, I figured I’d make a quick stop to check it out. So glad I did because I found this sandbox for the Love Nugget!
They had to take it apart to fit into my car so I don’t have a picture but it’s just like this one.
We had been talking about getting him one since we have a large covered patio and it would be nice for him to play if it’s raining or just whenever!
I also found him a nice weather proof jacket for when we go to the snow in January.
We came home and cleaned up more ants! These are seriously the most determined ants I’ve ever seen! We’ve lived here for 5 years now and have never had to deal with ants. Where are they coming from!?! They are driving me crazy!
Sorry, enough ranting about ants… The hubby was able to get home a little earlier last night so we could start decorating our Christmas tree! We have several boxes of Christmas decorations but for some reason I always think we need more!
We ate a quick dinner of this crock pot chili with spinach instead of swiss chard. So glad I thought to do this before leaving for the day!
Then we got our decorating on!
Like most of you, I love putting on holiday music and decorating our house. No better way to get into the holiday spirit! This year was extra fun since we got to reminisce as we pulled out some special decorations from the Love Nugget’s first Christmas last year.
Along with our Christmas tree, I put up a little felt Christmas tree that I made for the Love Nugget that I’ll share in tomorrows post. This one is already way too long and I didn’t even talk about fitness for fitness Friday!
We’ll skip it this week. Although I will say it was really nice to get back on track after Thanksgiving 🙂
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
- Have you put up all your holiday decorations?
- What was your favorite workout from this past week?